Friday, June 29, 2012

Product Review - MamaJo Cloth Diapers

 One happy heinie!

I am a certified Etsy addict, so when I wanted to try a few handmade cloth diapers, Etsy was my first stop. I perused page after page of custom cloth diapers, and pored over reviews left by previous customers. I finally settled on placing an order with MamaJo Diapers and Pads. She had nothing but glowing reviews, and many repeat customers, but her dedication to reducing her carbon footprint and using all North American-sourced materials was what really convinced me to take the plunge. I am so glad that I did!

For my order I chose two, one size pocket diapers with organic bamboo inserts and hook and loop closures. Her diapers come in a wide range of adorable prints and cool solid colors, but I chose the "Ooga Booga" print, which features an assortment of fuzzy little monsters. When my diapers arrived I was immediately impressed with the quality of the materials - the bamboo inserts are nice and thick, the PUL outer layers feel durable, and the inner liners are soft as butter. The craftsmanship is also impressive - the stitching on the diapers feels much more substantial than that used in most of the national name brand diapers that I have tried.

After washing the diapers, Iain and Dayne took them for a test drive. I knew that Dayne would be a good challenge for the organic bamboo inserts - he is a super-soaker, and has managed to wet through the overnight inserts, and even the PUL layer, on most of our diapers. MamaJo has my vote of confidence, because Dayne has STILL yet to leak through her bamboo inserts! I also love the long aplix tabs that overlap and create a snug fit. They are much more functional than the smaller tabs that you find so often.  These diapers also provide a trim fit - they look just minimally more bulky under clothing than disposable diapers, and don't create that "fluffy butt" that can sometimes cause pants to be ill-fitting. Other small additions like a snap to keep the inserts in place make MamaJo's diapers a winner in my book. You can tell that she is passionate about her product, and that she has a cloth-diapering parent's wants and needs in mind as she crafts every one!

In addition to cloth diapers and inserts, MamaJo's Etsy shop also stocks cloth feminine products and reusable baby wipes. I can't wait to give them a try!

As a final note, I want to add that MamaJo didn't solicit this review - I am simply a super happy customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment